R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Orion GP 4300 cells!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester-111
Uhhhhhh. Factory Driver Steven Sobotka was a high school football player and he thinks they're cool. I was on the Varsity Track Team and i was their fastest sprinter and i think it's a sport.

I when i was little i was was always told these are not toys i was constantly told that they weren't and they were simular to real racing cars, beside's there are much more adjustment's you on these car's than you can do on regular race cars. I have a cousin who lives in Iowa who used to race SCCA sports cars and when he looked at one of my cars he said there was alot of technology in these machines and that me and my dad would actually have the talent to work on and race real cars. Heck former TCS national champion Russell Johnson is now racing real cars and might be doing a pretty good job racing them. Heck i'm thinking of running Wisconsin Autocross this year at Miller Park. I see rc car racing as a training tool for real racing and people could gain alot of knowledge on real car's if they put thier mind to it.

When did high performance RC cars become toys? Ever since that cop made that statement at that one Reedy race in the late 90's early 2000's?
Lee I raced Karts growing up and did some trackdays and autox, I also just picked up a new car with the intentions of hitting Road America and Blackhawk farms as well as Miller Park this spring and summer. I have a hard time calling any of that stuff a sport, it's still just a hobby in my opinion. You can pick up the basics of real racecars with RC but try to apply any of what we do to our cars to a real car and you're more likely to find a tirewall than a fast lap. The only thing that my real car and my TC have in common (other than the obvious stuff like 4 wheels) is that they're both AWD.

Anyhow, I'd like to hear more about these new cells. Any word on what kind of voltage we're looking at?