R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 07:57 PM
RCknight
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Are you racing or playing?

If your playing get a Novak Brushless 5.5 system and a Lipo 4800 Orion pack. It's fun at 45m.p.h.

Otherwise the XXX-S a fine car and I would recommend a molded graphite kit. Only thing that needs updated would be the droop system and the XXX-S, adjustments and more steering out of the box. Otherwise it's easy to drive at high speed and it's consistant. I'm no expert racer, but that's how I felt. All the mags have good reviews even though it didn't win the "my choice pick" in the end. Mostly due to lack of a oneway in the kit. Just my two cents.

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Well, i just dusted off my XXX-S that is about 4 years old with the old stiffzel chassis as well. I put together a little order at stormer for:

Black belt kit
titanium turnbuckles
RPM Rob Ends
some 1 degree hub carriers to get rid of some of the rear toe in.

It's been a while, but it should be fun. I'm going to mess around with my P2K2 and SMC2400 for while, but i'll be placing an order for some IB3800's from Promatch or fusion in a few weeks time after I get into the swing of things.

Lets just hope that this thread doesn't die since I'm going to have some more questions when I start back up!!! (I did just read this thread from page 200 until here in about 2 weeks, so everything is all jumbled up all over the place in my head!!).

Stay around!!