Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mpetrich
Hello,
Has anyone one used the Novak Velociti 5.5 in a 1/12th without the fan? I am having a hard time fitting my body on the car since the fan gets in the way. Or, do you guys know of a 1/2th body with wide center channel? That would allow to get the fan underneath the middle of the body.Matt
I've got the Velociti 6.5 in my mod car and it runs fine without the fan...I can't imagine your 5.5 would cause the GTB to run THAT much hotter. You have to leave the heat sink on though--it's potted to the fets. Gave it a shot anyway...

My power leads back to the motor have been replaced with 16ga wire. I'm happy with the power lead and sensor lead routing as they don't impart any spring rate to the pod as it sits. The sensor lead is against the inside of the cockpit side window on my Speed 8 body where it bows up and over into the GTB. I suppose I COULD shorten the sensor bundle, but I'm not convinced it's causing a problem as-is and my understanding is that soldering those leads is a nightmare.

I DO need to re-arrange some gear to get the balance a bit closer having read Mr. Payne's piece(s). I've purchased the Hudy balancing tips and will get around to it one of these days.

Scottrik

Last edited by Scottrik; 06-27-2008 at 04:22 PM.