R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric Motor 101
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 09:05 AM
psycho
Tech Master

unknown

I really wouldn't bother with the swaybars. I race a TC3 mod and I find they are only really useful on tracks where there are a lot of quick transitions like high speed chicanes. Otherwise, you'll want the extra streering without the swaybars. If I were you, I'd spend the money on a good stock motor, like the P2K2, several springrates on either side of the kit springs, several tire/insert combos and the stuff you need to adjust the droop on the car. The car should be very competitive with those small changes. I agree with the suggestion that was made about using a FET servo. I only run FET servos in my cars, but they are pretty expensive (~$100) You might consider one of the highspeed non-FET servos that can be had in the $35-$50 range. I would also get a couple good matched cell battery packs. Check out http://www.promatchracing.com/index.htm They have an excellent reputation and good prices. When racing stock, you are only interested in voltage. You want the highest voltage possible. Just make sure you're comparing numbers from comparable discharge rates. Most of the well known matchers use a 30A discharge rate, but I've seen some 20A discharge rates out there.