R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for a Quiet Compressor???
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
ok, this is what i have decided - my little 2 gallon compressor has to fill up every 5 minutes or so when i am painting - very annoying...and loud...

so instead of getting a true blue painters compressor like iwata or silentaire, i am going to get a 33 gallon craftsman - which in turn, the unit itself won't be quiet, but with 33 gallons of air, and it not "refilling" all the time will in turn make it quiet...

...and i get a free air tool set when i buy it at sears....

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00916732000

what do ya'll think?
I have 15 gallon craftsman tank. First off if you think your one is annoying , youve never heard a craftsman. Its so loud , you will litterally be hurting with the craftsman. Its so loud that when its going It actually is like being at a rock concert....ears ringing , cant hear so well. If you continue with this you will loose hearing. Iam not kidding you, its no fun and Id rather sit in front of rock concert....this thing just eats at your brain and gives you headache and earache.

The reason why I went with my new campsfeld hausing quiet air compressor model.

$99 from harbor freight and I got a 3 year warranty for $20. I hear they arent the most reliable....but it works well and I can open my garage and walk into the house and wont wake people.

Where with my craftsman I run it in garage with the door shut and im waking people up as wel worried cops will get called even with everything shut at night.

Now im happy and peaceful and can sit right next to the air compressor.

Another thing that most people dont tell you about is the fact that...yeah its 33 gallon. YAY....but guess what you have to fill that up and 33gallon takes a LLOOOONNNNGGG time to fill. So you wont be able to even start airbrushing for a good few minutes.

Smaller tanks fill up quick , but also loose air quick. But the quiet air is no louder than a mini tire pump. Another thing is that craftsman is exspensive , mine was 300 or so. Yeah I got some free tools too , but you can also get same kinda tool for $30 bucks. Another problem is if that goes your out a big load of dough and 33 gallon is a lot of compressed air , which means a lot of condensation will drain....which is also a bother. Unless you have a car shop , stay away from the big tanks.