R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 05:49 AM
VenomWorldOrder
Tech Elite

here is my mugen with mono option parts.

i like the bling, but i hate the fact you have to glue the nuts provided on the mid bearing block and the chassis brace. the titanium screws are great. i have stick two rear shock towers with ca. it is very thick, and strong.

i have found the MTX4 a very tight car to work on. there is minimal room between all parts and this makes the car very tricky to work on. for example:

-my sirio evo 3 has a large fat type carb ball end, i had to change this around and put my JP ballend on it.
-the engine mounts are hard to reachie impossible. to take of the engine you have to loosen the belt tensioner and in some cases take the pipe out to get to these screws!
-to remove my top deck, i have to take of my engine heatsink! i have the titanium screws which are softer, and subsequently don;t like ball end drivers. i also either have to unscrew the handle on one side or push it forward to get to the screw closest to the servo.

has anyone tryed placing some electrics on the pipe side? ie a Personal transponder, or a capacitor for a spectrum? (the space left between the pipe and the tank is a good 4 CM's and there is easy 2cm betwen the tank and the edge of the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mymtx4top3.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	110889   Click image for larger version

Name:	mymtx4top2.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	110893   Click image for larger version

Name:	mymtx4top.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	186.2 KB