R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 03:13 AM
SA_Racer
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AM03GT
imr: dunno what sewing machine oil is... but have you cleaned the one-way and tried the silicon grease that comes with the oneway? that is all i use on mine and i've never had a problem... if your thin lube is too slick you maybe slipping your oneway causing unpredictable results... just a thought.

SA_Racer: as someone has suggested already. don't judge the shocks by a visual... judge the shock by its feel on and off the track. i've built 4-5 sets of VCS2 shocks already and ALL of them seem to leak after the first few runs. This is just inherent of the oil that spills over when you put the bladder on. no matter how much you wipe or clean there is going to be oil in the threads of the cap and excess. the first few runs usually make the shock look like its leaking. i deal with it by cleaning them off everytime it looks like it leaked. then i feel them and listen to them. if they are still smooth and consistent, and i can't hear any air, guess what? they are still perfect. since the release of this shock upgrade, i've only had to rebuild one shock which was a no-brainer since i nailed a wall with it basically, and one set because i was trying weird o-rings that didn't seal as well as the stock ones. thats it. i run on avergae 15 packs a week so it's not like these shocks are on a shelf queen.
Thanks for the feedback AM03GT, ill run the shocks again this weekend and see how they go. after last weekend the shocks didnt push out anymore after compressing them but then maybe thats just normal, how do your shock behave after 5 runs, do they still push out all the way or only 1/4 way?