R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Indi 16x5v6 AC/DC
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 08:23 AM
madweazl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The fact that its a DC only charger isnt necessarily a bad thing. I know that the initial cost to get the PS and charger is a fairly large expenditure at around $280 (I got mine off ebay for $260 new) but you can use the PS for things other than just the charger. It can be used to power a lathe or dyno as well, or another charger for that matter. In the long run they are a great puchase but the upfront costs do suck.

I'm also going to put in a plug for Integy's customer service. The backlighting on my v6 went out after about 4 hours. I'm in Saudi Arabia right now and it would take to long to ship it out there for repair and have it shipped back (at least 6 weeks). By the time I get back stateside the warranty will be up. I asked them if they would send me a new display free of charge (even after telling them that I did open it up to see if something easy could have been causing this) so I could replace it myself. They responded to my email the next day and are sending the display out to me as we speak. I'm quite please with Integy and didnt expect this to happen at all. Great charger and customer service!