R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2001, 06:28 PM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Speedo
I have a question about the mounting point of the castor block. Using the upper hole gives more roll, the lower gives less roll. I am currently using the upper hole, and I am on carpet. However, I would think that less roll would be better for carpet. Looking on mo's sight, all the setups there use the upper hole. I am 90% sure the reason is to take away steering, as more roll in the front will do so. But I just wanted to make sure, as I want to start playing with the roll centers. Also, does moving the mounting location on the inside of the arm have a bigger effect than on the outside (castor blocks)

Thanks,
josh

Yea, what he said!!!!

Seriously, I would like to know what to expect by moving those hinge pin positions too. I know I have to compensate with the shock length to keep the same amount of droop, and same with the ride height. But I'm curious about the effects. I have read the comments on Kentech's site, and it is very informative, but seems a little conflicting with what I have heard others say. I know that just like Mo's setup, almost all the factory setups have the front pins in the #2/#1 holes inboard and outboard respectively. I'm currently running 2/2 holes. Also, I understand that moving the pin positions might require repositioning the camber link- so how does that affect it too?

I realize these requests are in depth and only relative to tires/track/traction/driving style etc..... but I believe I'm at the level now where my driving is getting consistent enough and technical enough to see small changes. Which is the point (I assume) where you have to start whittling away at the lap times. Your replys are much appreciated- thanks in advance.