R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - for the night time drivers, or for the all show no go :P
Old 01-06-2006, 07:42 AM
SSmoked
Tech Adept

i wouldnt use a D cell, not as much volts, prob not enough volts at all. use a 9 volt, and your using standard 5mm LEDs they take like no bat draw at all, it should last a few weaks easy i would think. but i used a 9 volt battery connector, so the battery just snaps on and off from the wires. then 2 pieces of tape to hold the bat up. works great so far.

and its actually 8 leds, 2 for each straw, and the resistor i have no glue, i bought a huge bundle on ebay of 100 leds, and the resistors came with them. they are just a really small resistor. you almost dont need one at all, so the smalled one u can find would be about the best for you....

and i have one more suggestion, your going to get a lot more than you need but its worth it, radio shack leds are expensive... these guys are cheap and you get 100 leds for about the price of 3-5 leds at radioshack, and it includes the resistors you need most the time. go to ebay and seach the color your want and LED, exp - WHITE LED, or RED LED. go to the industrial section... there is all sorts of bulks in about 50 or 100. i just bought 50 leds and resistors on ebay shipped to my door for 8.94. at radioshack i would have got 2 leds and no resistors for 8.94. ebay really is cheap. and if you have extra big deal, maybe you can find more projects for them!

just let me know if you need any help... my camaro body should be here on the 9th, my paint should be here the 10th, so by the 12th at latest i plan on having pics of the white set up, and a few more details on how to do it!