R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 06:45 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmt6789
I think someone made a hybrid tc4 with a factory team top deck and he said it as stiff or stiffer than the Ft....

Yep... TC4 tub car with FT top deck. It will be run for the last time this weekend. Incidentally, my FTTC4 was 4g over legal limit ready to race, the tub car i did was only 36g overweight with the same body/electronics and larger foams. The car was WAY stiff... the setup came close to a rally/offroad setup to get it to work... and it wasnt even working that well... it was sooo tight. I think the biggest problem was the choice of foams... more than the car itself. Our local track doesnt seem to do well with the Jaco wraps, and i was out of regular Jaco DPink-DPink/Or. I have made quite a few changes to it... and will run it this Saturday. Hopefully, my first belt car in over 5 years will be here next week. Ill be running a T2 in hopes to find what i am looking for.

- DaveW

For those who have sent PM's on the "hybrid" car, i havent responded with details, the car still needs a bit of work, and i apologize. It is something i will still be working on with the intent of designing my own car... this will basically be a rolling testbed... a geometry platform if you will.