R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 06:35 AM
VenomWorldOrder
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rody
, your a nob! I do use the A brock you fool! Ask Jay..
25 laps (TQ) and win with the A brocks. Michael had B Brocks, he qualified in 2nd. All the C brock boys were stuck on 23 laps!

p.s. cant make the pre worlds unfortunately. Too many work commitments.

NJ

selamik!! A blocks ay?! remember i help modify the TZ. infact, it was my steady hand that did all the modding! go, quick, i think your mum is calling you to chop up the parsley for the tabuli

OK SERIOUS NOTE!

got my mono parts, major issue with the mid bearing block! the nut provided is too big and it subsequently hits the pulley lucky i had a shallow nut from my pro4 and it is fine, most people will not have this handy though.

the mid bearing block and the chassis top deck brace both require glue to hold the nuts. the titanium screws are very strong and a nice of brown colour looks good. you get heaps of screws in the kit that aren;t required though. i elft my bottom chassis screws with the steel type though.

HERE IS A RUN DOWN OF THE WEIGHT OF THE MONO PARTS:

-brake bracket; standard; 5.1 grms option 8.1g
-brake lever; S: 2.3g O 3.8g
-sway bar metalic holders; S;0.8g O; 1.4g
-motor brace; S: no weigh O; 2.1
-top deck brace: S: 7.4g O 10.8
-mid bearing block; s: 4.8 O: 7.9
-top front arm holder; S; 3.4g X2 O: 5.4g X2
-one way belt tension peices: S; 1.9g X2 S: 3.8g X2
titanium screw kit full kit 39.7g (standard screw kit weigh not known due to some screws on car)

basically the standard parts are 31 g total and the mono parts50.4g but the titanium screws lighten the car by about 27 grams anyway, and the extra ridigity fromt he alloy is a positive. i have titanium pivot balls though as well so i saved heaps here.

i also have a 2 speed shaft that weighs 10.6 grams. the mono part is 15grams