R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Kyle Hazell
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I would go through a pair of outdrives every 3 days. Which is a total of about 90 min. of running.
Yep thats about right, 90 mins of racing, if your a cheap skate you can run them a little longer.

When you say the material used on the current outdrives is the same as they previously used, is this something you have confirmed with Kyosho or is it just speculation??

My guess is, (and i may be wrong) but i think the material used is actaully softer. I dont remember having this problem back in the Evo days to tell you the truth. You are right about engine performance, its very good these days, but i dont think there have been massive performance increases over say the last year.

For me its one of 2 problems, either the material used is not as good as previously used, or the design of the component, ie outdrive and dogbone needs the be reviewed. One think i think kyosho could do is lengthen the pin in the dog bone, this would help short term. If you look at the outdrive when its worn you will see what i mean.

Regards

Kyle