R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
stiltskin
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
For performance, I'm pretty sure it has the lowest CG of any current TC. The other two major factors are the mass centralization of the weight towards the centerline, and much less unsprung weight on the arms.

For maintenance, you can't beat it with a stick. You can change just about anything without having to remove the bulkheads or top deck and subsequently need to de-tweak the car.

For adjustability, the *notched* upper shock positions have much finer adjustments and the addition of another set of outer lower mounting positions on the front arms is nice. With the suspension holder screws being accessible from the outside and the geometry allowing shims to effectively change the track width and/or in-board toe, you have more tuning options available between rounds on race day as well.

There's a lot more, but these stand out to me.
I really liked the cam style camber link adjustments. The car was definitely well thought out. Looks like the new c-hubs may be a little more brittle though. I guess thats the price you pay for lower rotating weight.