R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 10:57 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My first "belt drive" TC was a Tamiya TAO3F... but it wasnt totally belt so i consider my first belt drive car to be the MR4TC... the original one that was out when the TC3 emerged. The MR4 was the shizzle... the first time a TC3 hit the track in stock class the MR4 had no chance in keeping up. TC has since developed in leaps and bounds... along with every other aspect of the hobby. Focusing on the fact that Xray changes the car every year is redundant when you compare it to other aspects of the hobby. YES its a pain to have JUST bought a car to only find out it is being replaced by the "bigger and better" kit. I myself replaced my MR4TC with a TC3 back then and havent looked at another onroad car manufacturer... until recently. I have been struggling with the TC4... in varying versions. From stock to modified to hand made parts to factory parts... i cant get it to work for me. A whole year i have put into this car... determined to make it work for me. I have said it before... "If Barry can wheel it... so can i." Other than lacking Barrys apparent level of skill... i can say i cant wheel the TC4. The TC3 is a different story... but it isnt as adjustable as many other cars and is limited in certain track conditions, comparatively speaking. I paid my $409... and the T2 will be my car of choice for the next year... it will receive the same amount of time i put into the TC4. If it doesnt work for me... then i will know its me. Its hard to deny how many people have gotten better behind the wheel of an Xray. Change the car, and a few laps appear out of nowhere. That same change was the opposite for me... change to the TC4 and i lost a few laps. Im sorry AE, ive been racing your products since 94, but my FTTC4 is soon to be a dedicated drifter. At least it can LOOK dialed.

Now for a few T2 questions... do the caster blocks from the FK05 work on the T2? Has anyone tried the new Serpent shocks on the FK05, and what are the odds they will fit the T2 for both foam and asphalt applications? Will the shocks come with both styles of pistons... or will we have to use the adjustable pistons? I am of the understanding that Xray shock oil is thicker than AE/Losi offerings... is there a comparison... like does AE 50wt compare to Xray ##wt?

- DaveW