R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum
Thread: Spektrum
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Glowster21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Just got my Spektrum yesterday...It was on of the newer ones for the M8/M11 and it had the wire routed wrong on the Transmitter Module. I left it as is for the first heat and the car shut down twice after being hit . Aggravated, I opened the module again and re routed the wire myself. Worked great after that!!! Instead of leaving things alone that were working properly I figured I would try the M8 mod to integrate the module and antenna into the transmitter. Everything was going great until I went to remove the Spektrum antenna and the wire came out of the small gold connector that goes to the circuit board. I put the wire back in, re crimped it, and put a drop of solder on it to hold it. Put the module back together in the with the antenna on the back and walked out of my toy room to test it. I got about 30 feet away and it stopped responding. Did I screw things up by not leaving well enough alone and "fixing" the antenna wire or is it possible my 2.4ghz wireless network was fouling up the works as I was in a basement? Help!?!?