R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Pro ten Holland

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrainTeased
Hi guys! happy new year! best wishes to all and their family!

got a few more questions for ya'z

with 64 pitch most of you guys are running a 100T spur
but what about 48 pitch whats the most common spur do people use in 12th?

also with final drive ratios, or roll out figures. would anyone know roughly the FDR's or roll out with say fresh set of tyres (or trued down to race conditions - could you please state diameter size so i can work it out as well please) , for these types of motors below

27T
19T
12x2T
10x2T

or even pinion sizes (keeping it simple) would be fine as i have no idea what FDR 12th uses.

thanks in advance guys
Most often used sours in 48 Pitch: 72T and 75T (preferably kimbrough)
Rollout:
27T: no clue, never run that.
19T: somewhere near 45mm rollout.
12x2T: 36 to 42mm, depending on timing. Timing from 10 to 20 degrees max.
10X2T: 28 to 40mm, depending on timing. Timing from 5 degrees (40mm rollout) to 20mm (28mm rollout).
Keep in mind that with more timing you need a smaller rollout, more spring tension and go easier on the throttle, since efficiency is decreased. You''l get more power out of the corner though.

General Mod motor advice:
Don't bolt the motor in your car right out of the box!!!!!!
I have owned quite a few mod motors, and I have experienced more bad motors out of the box than well-prepared ones.
There's more if you're interested, but do yourself this favor: always do a very mild cut on the comm first. Most mod motor comms are severely out of round out of the box, and the comm is often quite greasy! That makes for overheating motors with poor performance that will have a severely worn comm after just a few runs.