R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - best nitro car for a electric driver
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Motorman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rasmus take a good hard look at a G4S and a TZ 12. I'm biased because I'm A Team Magic importer (yes I'll admit that)but my second choice is the MTX4. I've driven and used almost everything else out there and those are mypersonal top choices. The 4 is a solid reliable piece from what I hear ( I havent driven it but those I talk to I am inclined to take as fact as they are old drivers or close personal friends and I don't doubt what they tell me)and you cant go wrong there but we believe the new G4S will suprise everyone this year. The serpent is Ok and I have 2 but with the current model you will the rear end of the car to compliant.( its hard to loosen the rear end because the rear of the car flex's alot) The sweet spot is very narrow in my opinion and I raced this car hard for a year or so.(If your a good setup guy and like the challenge of chasing a narrow sweet spot the serpent might be for you, or if you race on very high traction. The serpent shines there.)The RRR is a great car I've seen Josh cyrul do some incredible things with that car. Good support with that car has been the issue but Kyosho has been working to improve that. As for motors my fav has been the Mugen X12 but we have foundsome incredible power and top end in the TZ 12's with a little work. I have had some long time
customers tell me that the TZ's I have done for them recently have been the fastest motors they have ever owned. As far as the S goes see our thread here you will find it has evolved considerably from past G4 models. Our sweet spot is very wide like the MTX3. Ironically I had a factory Serpent driver tell me last year that the G4 was the most under rated sedan on the market. Best of luck on your choice.

The R40 is a solid car if you swiss chese it and get rid of some of its weight. Crris dosek put the hurt on everyone with one of those in our series last year and The Ofna belt car like Jeffrey Ln runs is good to. I guess it all depends on what kind of support you can get but you can't go wrong with any of those.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-01-2006 at 12:29 AM.