Thread: The New Tekin
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 07:58 AM
Keith Billanti
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsuiyuen
maybe i'm lazy...
i rarely discharge my batteries by my charger la....
as i see in the track..al using Novak smart tray,...spintec batman...discharge broad...etcetc
the motor run in...i have a motor checker to do so...
or even just collect 4 batteries for motor run in.....
there really not much pt to have a charge with such "bonus"
so i like Pitbull charger much..it's simple, light weight...
and suppose one machine for one task....
then the performance and quality would be greatest...
moreover the price can drop..a bit, right?
just my view jei...

Hey, to each his own. I too have the smart tray. But after a race my packs are not even close to being dumped.. so it takes like 20-30 min on a smart tray to pull them down. I prefer to dump them @ 30-35A all the way to 5.4, then smart tray them. This requires a bulky zero-30 or reactor-30... or the like, in addtition to the charger(s), power supply, and smart tray. A lot of mix n' matched equipment on my table taking up valueable space.... If it were all one unit.... champaighn would rain down upon us, doors would open... music would play...etc... well.. maybe not.. but it would be very nice.

Motor run in.. the amp draw reading on the pulsar is addictive. It tells so little, but at the same time.. you can judge what a motor is going to do on a track. You can use it as a base line on any given day. Plus it is timed, so break in periods are easy to monitor. Necessity IMHO.

Back to the suggestions box......... TEKIN... two words: Timed Charge! Man oh man.. when ever I hit my packs for storage if im not racign for a few weeks... i always for geet abou them while packing up.. most get the proper 8-10 min of charge and at least one of them, never fails... nearly fully charged. If we could set up a profile to hit them for storage with an adjustable MAH max or time.. that would also be fantastic.

KB