R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMB Personal Transponders...Too Expensive?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:43 PM
koabich
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oXYnary
It isnt though. Your trying to look at your sides of the hobby but only through your beergoogles of your more expensive class and saying its all $$$. No. sorry. You do not go past go and collect $100.

Remember some of us drive Pintos, and wonder why we are purchasing aircraft fuel?

Edit: Don't forget there are many tracks today that only have personal. Which is even more illogical considering (at least the one Im thinking of) they want to run more cost effective spec classes.

Please read myabove post again.
You have to remember that this hobby is not for everyone. If you cannot aford to play, then don't! And this isn't a matter of rich versus poor. There is a lot of other stuff out there that i would love to spend money on besides RC but guess what...since I cannot afford to do those things and race RC at the same time, I don't.

I would love to race NASCAR but I cannot afford it so I do not do it. Alot of other people out there would also love to run NASCAR but cannot afford too so they do it on a smaller scale and maybe run on a small local dirt track using a car that's 20 years old that doesn't have the latest and greatest in technology.

I am not defending AMB for the increasing cost off Transponders. But come on, if you cannot afford it you cannot afford it. Complaining about the cost is not going to help anyone's situation. And even better yet, if you love RC (as you do) and can afford to participate in RC (which you already do) but for some reason you cannot afford the Transponder, guess what, it's not mandatory that you have one. If your track doesn't have hand out transponders, and you cannot borrow one, you cannot race but guess what, you can still run during practice.

Plain and simple, if you drive a Pinto and are buying aircraft fuel as you stated, then something is definately wrong. But bottom line is that you cannot afford to participate in this sport to the level that you wish. That a terrible thing and I wish you luck in obtaining the ability to do so. But remember, just because you wish to do something does not entitle you the right to do so.

Back to my NASCAR example, complaining about the cost of the AMB Transponders being high and you not being able to afford one is like me wanting to run NASCAR and complaining to Jack Roush that he wants too much money for one of his race engines...gee, I wonder what he would tell me?