R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMB Personal Transponders...Too Expensive?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:13 AM
imprsme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat

...and the "R&D you pay for" argument is lame as well. Its a freaking circuit board that puts out a signal! I honestly don't care how much knoledge or research is put into it. Its a piece of cake for AMB to produce and it costs $90 for me to get one, thats all I know! I personally don't mind because its smart buisness practice and I got one when they were like $70
If its so easy why isn't there a TON of other companies jumping on the lap counting system/pt bandwagon? If the cost to return was SO GREAT I am sure that the other electronics Companies have the knowledge to make and produce a workable system......

You guys have missed the biggest cost factor in the whole price jump....OUR US DOLLAR isn't worth what it was worth 5yrs. ago...... Thanks you Mr. Clinton for free trade........Now all of you go Bitch at him and get your $50 back and while you are at it see if he will get the hundreds of thousands US jobs that are being sent Overseas back for us?

But oh thats right if Coampany XYZ send the work to India/China and any 3rd world comapny they can find it cuts thier over head so they can make MORE MONEY! So why pay US $10/hr. when they can pay them $10/week for the work...... Did you see teh prices fall when the work went that way....HELL NO!

You guys really need to look at the BIG picture and stop crying over the price of a HOBBY! That is what it is, a HOBBY. If you don't like the prices move on to something you feel is better suited for your spending. Try paint ball I here its OVER priced as well........$1000 for a gun that want kill anything is a waste? Right!