R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tire choice for parkinglot racing?????
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2002, 10:08 AM
popsracer
Tech Elite

Default Grease and Tires

GREASE
I also used a high temp grease 500 deg rating. But it would ooze out of the outdrive shafts like it was melting. I never have this problem with the silicone grease that I am running in our HPI cars. In my Reflexes I use diff oil and have had some problems with them leaking.

TIRES
Buy a tire in a compound rated for the average track temperature that you are seeing. (can measure with a temp gun) Start off with a medium insert (I like HPI red inserts best). and go from there.

EXPERIENCE
All of the information that I give is from what I have experienced/used in the 3+ years that I have been racing R/C.

I race at least 3 weekends in a month, either on-road (prefered) or off-road. I'm NOT an Expert driver nor do I claim to be. I have tried many different tires and raced on most surfaces except carpet. I've owned HPI cars from the beginning and have done alot of experimenting with set-ups. My current 10th scale nitro is a Trinity Reflex N/T.

What works good/bad for me may not be the same for everyone.
But I think most people will have similar experiences with similar products in similar situations.

Last edited by popsracer; 11-06-2002 at 10:19 AM.