R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 06:35 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pucho
I am having what I consider a serious problem. My chassis seem to be tweaked and I can’t figure out the cause. Even with all the components loosened up on the car it is still tweaked. I checked the chassis and bulkheads individually and they all checked out ok It’s when it’s all together that it’s a problem. Where talking enough to rock the chassis from side to side. Believe me I’m not crazy here and where not talking about a rookie here I know my mechanics just to give you a little info on myself, I’m the guy who builds Alex Lopez’s, of Team Xray, Cars. This is really pissing me off that a $400+ car is not perfect from the factory.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this problem.
No one can solve this but you. Start with the lower chassis and start putting on one thing on at a time and checking tweak after each component goes on until you find the one part that causes the tweak.

It could be as simple as one screw hole on one alloy part that is crooked due to a part shifting in a CNC machine. There is no way a quality control person could spot a screw hole being off a few thousandths.

Once you find the problem I am sure HB will take care of it.

This happened to my Mi2's two years ago and it it ended up being a rear diff housing that had a top deck mounting pad that was a few thousandths low. It could have been some momentary tool chatter or an interruption in cooling oil flow that caused it. I had never seen it before and have never seen it happen since.

I asked myself to warranty the part for myself and I did...lol!