R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:55 AM
RayJ
Tech Regular

Default New Car changes vs. old car.

After racing the car for the season last year, I can say the changes they made on the car are for the most part very significant. I haven't gotten the car yet, but can only make comments on the changes. Dennis fabricated a bellcrank system that I got a chance to race last year. Even though it took him many hours to make the parts, the steering changes made the car A WHOLE LOT better. Especially mid corner steering. It gave the car more ackerman. It also made the whole steering system far more accessible.

Addressing the side brace alignment situation is also a very important change. It will make the car stay flat and straight. Very important change.

Addressing the rear sway bar and revamping it. Another very important change since much of the front of the car is adjusted by making changes to the rear of the car.

Rebalancing the car with better weight distribution is also a great change. I haven't had a chance to race it yet but it looks right. I know that I put the current car on a balance and by manually shifting the battery next to the fuel tank is exactly what the car needed to balance it.

I really like Nicks and Dennis's philospophy in making the current car better. Many of the currently competitive cars are really good cars. All of them have there strong points and weak points. Improving the platform makes the most sense. It allows the hobbyist to use many of there current parts AND allows the hobby shops to continue to sell there existing replacement stock. It just makes the whole deal more user friendly.

I'm glad Dennis is taking an active role in bringing this car to market. He really cares about the hobby and what racers want. I've always had his motors, and when it comes to horsepower.............this man delivers! I'm sure he will translate that to Team Magic's success in the USA.