R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMB Personal Transponders...Too Expensive?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Almost $90 (right now) for a little piece of electronic device...yes, it is kinda expensive, but then, I am looking back at what I have so far for both electric and nitro on road RC Cars, tools and equipment...........I DID NOT find 1 single piece of item (charger, ESC, engines, tools, motors...etc) that does last me more then 3 years, and still, if I decided to quit RC, and sell it here or EBAY and I can STILL get at least $75 for it, no matter how bad shape it is.........(I have 5 now and I brought them like $50-65 each back then).

The AMB personal transponder probably is the ONLY RC item that does WORHT every single dollar and has the BEST (highest) resale value, period...

Not to mention....no upgrade on that, no options, no modification.....plug it in and you can race WORLD WIDE.

Compare to $500 JP full option motors, $40 Team spec stock/19T motors, $25 a set of foam tires per race day, $45 per set of rubber tires every 2-3 weekend.....$85 1.20v Pro-match.................AMB PT is nothing....and all you need is 1 for 1 car, not 1 per race day.