R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMB Personal Transponders...Too Expensive?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You can take, argueably the most overpriced common item in all RC, and a majority of the posters will defend the pricing.
Rick will back me on this, the most overpriced item in all of RC is ADVERTISING!!!!

Pricing aside, I think they are great and worth more from an irritation perspective than anything else.

I remember spending about 15 minutes out of each race day looking for the guy that FORGOT to put back the transponder I was supposed to use... Or you grabbed the wrong color... or it fell out of the car, or the guy that was in charge of charging them forgot, and it cost you a race.

What about holding up races because a transponder can't be found. They also show up missing, lost ruined, and the club has to pay.

Personals are the way to go, and worth every dime. I can get my car ready, and it BE READY. Don't have to leave the body off, can get my tires done, don't have to wait for a transponder for a nitro car that you're already driving around and then have to stop and put it in, it's a pain. Good riddence...