R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why touring?
Thread: Why touring?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Fantomcat
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BlackKat
I want to race-not blow massive amounts of money on a-toy car. Why do you guys see it fit to spend so much more money on something when it can be done with more talent involved. Maybe you guys don't have the talent and want to mask it by spending money?

i race tc with an old tc3 racer kit, plastic everything, even shocks. the only investments in it are the tires and electronics(they are pretty sad too, except for my esc. but the radio is a different story, a futaba 2ch am radio ). i do good racing it, and the reason i do good is because i can actualy drive it. yeah, i dont have the gajilion dollar graphite mega titanium dual whatever TC that the fast guys have but who cares.

1/12th seems fun, and i would like to try it out. those little cars are quick, and not too expensive either. 4cell packs are alot cheaper too.

my opinion is this: we run tc because we like it, same reason you run 1/12, and others run oval and offroad. i could complain that 1/12 is awfull. it wont steer, it wont grip, why cant they make something newer, all that crap, but i wont, cuz i haven't tried it yet, and if i do suck at it, then i will keep practicing