R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Pulfinator
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mark Payne
Hi Tom

I am not sure what your tweak is. Does the centre pivot (the football) assembly drop onto the chassis bolts without interfearence? Why are the chassis bolts not perpendicular to the chassis?

In answer to the battery tape question ... in the "Total Tweak Guide" at www.12thrc.com, I explain that I do NOT use the CRC rubber O ring to hold the batteries in. I use battery tape.

So I kind of agree with Greg. I am suspect of the O ring. I have no direct proof but last year I had a lot of tweak problems which made me REALLY think about it. A lot of what you read on www.12thrc.com comes from my tweak paranoia. I now have NO tweak issues but I realise some may think I am a little "over the top". So be it.

Cheers

Mark
Hey, I might have a suggestion. You are absolutely correct that the o-ring can cause the chassie to curl up. If you remove the rear pod assembly and put the chassie on a flat surface is it not flat? You might find that the chassie relaxes when you take off your rear pod. First I always use steel screws for the football plate. second make sure the football plate will easily drop on to the side screws. If it doesn't either the chassie could be slightly off or the foot ball plate. Either is corrected with a dremel in just a couple of minutes. If you are talking about the car fully loaded and the chassie is bowing that would be a normall thing. If your tweak if off by a lot and everything seems to be balanced ie radio gear and rear football not binding it is very possible that the front end is stiffer on one side than the other causing a tweak. You need to go through your front end and set like .005 spacing of play in either side of your front end. If you don't have any play in either side there is no way to judge how much pre-load you have from 1 side to another. Counting shims isn't always accurate. So if you free up your football plate and check your front end and your car tweaks good. Don't worry about the bow in your chassie.