R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Scott Fisher
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
The car had a bad off power push, and slightly loose on power. When I tried to push the car on power it breaks loose. I think this is mostly due to low traction.

I am using 37's all around.
rear hinge pins all the way down(I usually use this with low traction, up for high traction)
front pins all the way down
30K rear diff oil
kit shock springs
600 wt shock oil
no shims under camber link rear---middle hole inboard camber link
rear camber -3.5---2.0 front
-3 rear toe
-1 front toe
23 tooth pulley
I will play with it more when I get to FT Myers(high traction)

Basically a stock setup, any suggestion are appreciated.

You have had a variety of ideas. Some of which I like. My car was very similar to yours. Pushed lots off power. My car if I got on the gas too hard would come around. Here is what I did. On low power stick with the 30k rear oil, or try going back to 10k. Another thing I did is droop. I am running 2 in the front and the back. I also would change the rear toe in to 1.5. It seems that these changes have a greater effect off power than on power.. I am now running 500wt front oil with the shocks all the way down. Front sway bar flat and I am using a 2.2 rear bar. I found that when the rear end is coming around it is due to my happy trigger finger. I went with a soft tire such as you have. Possibly take out .5-1 degree of rear camber. I then tried something else which was great. I use the 24t pulley and am running more front drive than most. I have run my split as low as .5mm. As long as I don't rip too hard too fast on the trigger, I get tons of on power steering and the rear still stays planted. If you can, try the Kawahar 37's on the low bite track. They have a little more bite than the the GRP branded tires. My front toe out is only .5/side, but I think it would be a little better with 1/side. Definitely try the droop and and the rear toe. Ease into the throttle and I bet the rear will stay planted and the front will bite too.