R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric Duratrax Envader
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:08 PM
DjfunkmasterG
Tech Rookie

I just recently purchased an Evader ST truck. A friend just got me into the hobby so I dropped $300.00 on a truck, battery, charger, upgraded motor and new speed control.

Like a previous poster said the Chasis is weak. 2nd day i had it I busted the plate and had to drive 130 miles round trip to the hobbystore to get another plater. Just to be safe I bought a few extra's.

I get the truck back together then go tearing up the area I was in the day before and as I go for a jump a squirrel darts out in front of the truck. The truck hits the squirrel the truck goes airborne and comes crashing down front first. Snapped the left and right side Hub Carriers. Off to the store again.

I ended up picking up about $90 worth of spare parts and another new motor. The stock engine is 20T I went to a 19T, then just went to a 15T. The speed Controller is 13T. Nice little truck. I am quite enjoying the new toy.

Today I drive by another hobbyshop while out shopping and came across an Evader BX Pro chasis. So i bought it ($89.99) Got some guts for it, a new 3 channel 3PM FM controller with servo's and now I have the buggy and the truck. The buggy has a 15T motor, but I having some issues with the remote not working properly, or the speed control went bad. Being new at this I don't know exactly where to start.

The steering works, but when i sqeeze the trigger I get nothing. The power lines all read 8.5 volts so everything is getting juice. I am thinking the motor os bad or the trigger is bad.