R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW XRAY T2
Thread: NEW XRAY T2
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 08:21 AM
Mdoc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Why not just design a shock to run upside down then? All that oil up high? The oil adds even more weight.
That would increase the unsprung weight, and that is even worse....

Funny thing about RC companies. They make a kit, they tell you all the reasons why a design feature better, then when they make something new, they want you to scrap all the previous information they told you about a old model, and they tell you this is a better design.
Xray made aluminum shock bodies and could have sold tons more of them had they done business as you suggest they do, once they felt it wasnt an improvment, they let everyone know that and eventually discontinued them...
All the contradictions make me laugh. Heck the 05 won over the T2.
evolution/improvment dont seem like contradictions to me....the 05 will win lots of races still, and you could have kept yours if you think its the better of the two cars....
That's just my opinion. It took people along time to get use to those features and now they say it's not good anymore? With the 05 you could still use whell spacers and nothing stuck out. I'm sure that's why Xray designed the 05 wheel axles that way in the first place.
I dont remember Xray saying they wernt good any more, looks like they just did what they had to do to make the uprights and chubs smaller, making it possible to narrow the rear arms and mount the shocks more outboard while still clearing wide wheels for foams, and on the front the shorter chubs let them move the upper link out to the kingpin centerline without having clearance problems......
everything seems to have a reason if you will look for it instead of try to find a reason to complain, trust the xray design team, if you dont like it AFTER you get one, tell them why .......