R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 07:59 AM
JRRobiso
Tech Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by Grindog001
well, after 8 months off racing and selling all my gear, i have made a return with a Tamiya MSX. Only problem now is it is christmas and the damn track is closed
Originally Posted by Sparx
haha, i've got the same problem. The car has been built for more than 1 week but i have nowhere to run it
Well I feel for you two from the other side of the pond. I decided not to get the Refine2 MSX kit and stick with my std 415MSX Conv kit since I pretty much bought all the option parts needed after the std 415 kit was released in early 2004 in the US.

After buying so many spare and option parts for 415 series (the latest being the MSX Conv kit), I've decided to rebuild another 415 but w/ the std arms instead. I just needed to buy several parts for the drive train & other miscellaneous parts (spacers, shims etc.). But the most major parts I needed that cost a lot of $$ was the bottom deck & TRF blue dampers, the speedo & servo - had those already.

My only problem though would be I will have 3 TRF kits (check my sig) & can't decide which one to race. The TRF414M is fully hopped up (but not set up yet for my track & don't have time to do - I only race 2 Friday's a month). Most likely down the line will have to let go (or not) of the 414M which probably cost more of money spent re to options parts than the 415.

Just wanted to share my story on our thread during the holidays. But will also like to greet everyone A FUN FILLED HOLIDAY & A RC FILLED 2006.

Later........