R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mini Coopers
Thread: Mini Coopers
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Mike F
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by KINGZJ
This is a cool thread. Last night at the track I race at their were about 10 of those little buggers. I used to race one in tcs races and their are a ton of tricks to make them go faster and handle better. On carpet I used to run m-grip tires all around with the ta03 shocks and soft springs. The key to keep it from rolling over is to take some ca glue and put a layer of it on the sidewalls of the front tires. You can then go almost full throttle into a corner and if it starts to come over the glue slips it back onto is wheels again I know it sounds crazy but man it works. I would also break the tranny in with toothpastejust fill it up with toothpast and put a junky motor in and let it run for 12 hours or so then you have to clean it out really good (makes them quiet so they don't sound like a coffee grinder). Also the integy speed tune gears are the ticket as well they really help out. If you take a 1/8" drill bit and go through the holes for mounting a 20 tooth pinion you will be able to put a 21 on and no one will know helps on the straightaways. The best hoppup to purchase is the ball diff it will really pull you through the infield..........
What about on an older mini, like the M0-2L. What type of tricks you got for that to make it faster?