R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 07:17 AM
schurcr
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Chris ..... just a minor correction. There were some 10' lanes, the daigonal straight and the left side sweeper, otherwise everything else was 8' or 9'.

Jim ..... I have to agree with you. We will not run a track at the Nationals that is a follow the leader track and you have to pass thru someone and not around them. I have never done so and will never do so.

What ever the layout ends up being at the nationals I guarantee a couple of things. It will not be as Jim described, it will have a mix of fast and technical. It will be a good racing/passing track for both 12th and 10th scale cars. Who ever said it had to or needed to be "On the National level... the track should challenge the racer, almost to the point of intial frustration. Something where you have to work at getting faster and faster, working the track, examining lines and getting better and better with each practice run. Not something where you are turning to more horsepower after 1 practice." does not understand how to design a track or run a race. How does designing a track that you can't pass on make for better racing? How does designing a track that is so dificult to race on when you'll only get 4-6 practice runs on make for a better race? I've seen the small tight tracks that are prevalant throught the midwest and east and I can tell you one thing I would sure hate to race on track where it was so tight that I couldn't make a clean pass on the leader when he's slower than me. Do you really think people like passing thru someone for position because there's not enough room to pass, because you think the layout should be the way it's done in other parts of the country? I don't think so, in our part of the country we call driving like that HACKING, and no one likes a hack.

I have resisted posting anything on this subject but I'm getting tired of hearing abobut what it should be or what it needs to be. The track will have lane sizes per ROAR rules. We will do it the way we think it should be done and if thats not good enough for those of you that always drive on 36'x70' tracks with 6'-8' lanes then I appologize now. Our track will provide the best ROAR race in recent years WITHOUT A DOUBT. Oh ..... and the track will be top notch. Nuff said.

Last edited by schurcr; 12-20-2005 at 07:30 AM.