R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:37 AM
F. Alonso
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack2
Well if its loose off power the first thing that comes to mind is rear droop. Try reducing your rear droop 1mm at a time and see how that works.

Also, you mentioned what will increasing the caster do, in a loose off power situation, it should help. Definatly try the 4 degree blocks.

I think it would be worth while trying some of the X series blocks if you already haven't.

add some Anti dive, try a 0.5 or 1mm spacer under the front suspension block at the front of the car and see if that helps.

Get rid of any front toe-out if you have some dialed in.

if your running a lower ride hight in the front, Even it out so its the same front and rear. Then drop the rear by 0.5mm and see how that works for you.

maybe try increasing the rear Toe in.

If that doesn't work, try some harder springs up front.

there is a few other things you can do but try those first, there the things I look at first if my car is loose off power.
Also, pull apart your rear diff. I had major problems before with my car before I pulled apart the rear diff. My thrust bearing was stuffed, so that may be your problem. If thats fine, then use Jack's ideas to see if you can resolve it.