R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1FK05
Thread: Xray T1FK05
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:04 PM
speed2004
Tech Adept

What is TeamGP's role with Xray?

TonyV says he is signed by Xray, but I find that hard to believe as R/C America does not consider him to be one of their team drivers? He is not listed as a driver and when RCA was asked about him by a customer of theirs, their response is that he is a moderator for the Xray forum that helps Mario with some tech articles apparently.

I put my trust in RCA as they are the exclusive North American Distributor, everything must go through them.

Maybe we should PM Mario for the truth?

No one should complain when he writes on these forums, they are free to both contribute and enjoy, it is good detailed info, I personally find him to be wrong in a lot of results based on my own testing and what works for me, but it seems people enjoy his writing, so nothing wrong with that keep it up GP as clearly you help some.

I think the underlying issue here is his avatar.

I personally think the "X" avatar should only be allowed to be used by real team drivers. He continually confronts people, these very seem people that are buying consumers that support Xray, why Xray has not noticed he is pissing people off is a surprise. The 'X" gives him credit and can be misleading to consumers. As long as he has the "X", Xray should be aware the general paying consumer has no choice but to view him as a rep of Xray. Guy's idea's are more for the advanced driver, or better said the driver that wishes to have work in progress project set ups. Again which is fine.

When it comes to setting up a new Xray, I would be more inclined to try a team drivers set up with more success or is more established. When GP makes a "A" at a ROAR National or large trophy race, then I will be inclined to start reading what he is saying or trying one of his set ups.

Guy do you travel? have you been to nationals? what are your results? give me some credentials to back up your 'X" have you won the local "A" main? or any trophy race? Do you run Mod? or just stock?

I find "X" avatar is just not fitting under his role with Xray. ( moderator) and is VERY misleading to the general public. I was confused at 1st and really had to ask some questions to people to see if anyone knows you. How does a guy that can not win at a local event get to be a team driver? is it really that easy to get on the Xray team? How did you do it?

If he did not use the avatar he would just be what he is, a Xray fan that likes to test a lot.

So Team GP, what is it? are you a RCA team Driver? Are you a Xray team driver? Are you Mario's right hand man? what is your exact role? The best thing to shut everyone up is answer what everyone is wanting to know, again what is your position/role with RCA and Xray?