R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR4TC-BD
Thread: Yokomo MR4TC-BD
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 11:35 AM
pops
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smojoe
can someone post some more "carpet with foams" setups; I'm having a lot of trouble getting 5mm of ride height with the droop settings I want.
Smojoe, with carpet you need to set your ride height first, 5mm. You want about 2mm of suspension travel in the front until the front tires lift off the tweek board. For the rear you want 3 to 4mm of suspension travel before the rear tires lift off.
I do this by placing an 8mm thick flat object under the rear chassis of the car (so rear tires do not touch board). Remove the front bumper and un-do the front shocks at the suspension arm. Place the 7mm portion of the ride height gauge under the front of the chassis (5mm ride height + 2mm droop increase = 7mm). Now with the droop screws, adjust each arm until the front tires just lift off the board. You will get exactly 2mm of suspension travel. Do the same with the rear, just use 5mm ride height + an additional 3 or 4mm = 8 or 9mm total. I find this method is really the only way to get an accurate droop with foams for me.