R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Has a new President
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
crimson eagle
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
April 1st-Sept 1st. Pretty much all the electric nationals are between those dates. So IMO I think it would be fine. 99% of racers out there already buy the newest cells anyway....regaurdless if they are Roar legal or not. So if something comes out in the middle of summer and their local tracks are letting them run the "new cell" and the nationals are after Sept 1st then everyone will already have the "new cell" to race and it would be legal.

The way it is now a new cell comes out, everyone buys them to race at their local track and other big races then come nationals time they have to buy the older cells to race.

I guess it would be nice if people wouldnt buy the new cells before they were approved....then we wouldnt have this problem...but we all know that is NOT going to happen....

EA
This april - Sept split is approximatley when people go from outdoor to indoor and vice versa. I have been buying cells during these changeover points recently. I like the idea of having fresh cells for carpet then fresh cells again for asphalt. Also being a 12th scale driver my indoor to outdoor configuration is different as I run a t-bar car on the asphalt and a link car on the carpet. I know there is some races that fall outside of this split but generally the principle shoudl hold fairly true. We could have an approved cell for the Winter season and updated approvals for the Summer season.

Thoughts anyone?

Chris