R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Has a new President
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:22 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fraz,

As much as I appreciate your "get involved" attitude, you are preaching to the choir.

About 2 weeks ago I stepped down from the electric Onroad Committee. I was one of 3 or 4 active members of that committee. I stepped down because of the very reasons I posted above. Dead weight and inflated egos on excom. Our committee chair, Randy Holst, hasn't replied to my emails and from speaking with other active members on the committee he hasn't returned phone calls either. Couple that with the "I only care about Nitro" attitude of guys like Dennis and you might see my point. Dennis is not right, and if he truly cared about anything beyond Nitro he would work to do something about it. But let me guess.... he's just a volunteer.

The get involved rebuttal is BS. So you voted... good for you. Having been a bit more involved than merely casting a ballot I can assure you that the all too common "we are just volunteers" and "you should get involved" comments mean nothing at this point.

There are capable people trying to make a difference on the electric side and everything gets bottlenecked at ExCom. Hopefully MQ can help fix this issue, since other excom members merely want to point and laugh.