R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TCS chassis selection
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
the one drawback on the TB02's in TCS legal format are the fixed gear ratios. I ran the TCS Cincinnati race with a TB02. IT handled well and had good rip-but the gear ratio I used was too high and the next choice was way too low. If you go with a TA04 or a TA05-which you will have no probelms being fast with either and EASy to find parts for both, you'll have a lot more gearing choices.

Ray
I'll tend to agree, I won a TB02 at the Memphis TCS race(won the GT2 class with a borrowed TA04, ), & while building it I also noticed that it is gonna be quite limited in the possible gear ratios, & especially for GT2 or GT1 class, you NEED precise control over the final drive ratios to match whatever motor you're using. Also, during that weekend, one of my buddies had just finished building a TA05, & I have to admit I thought it was quite impressive(especially since it was the car's first runs on ANY track), handled very well & was SUPER smooth. Personally, if I didn't already have a car, I'd lean toward the TA05.....