R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayBee
My 12th-scale friends-
I have been using the KO 949 in my car since I've had it with no problems until...yesterday
The servo just won't center. I've tried using the 'quick' trim on the radio and it would correct the problem initially but a few seconds later veer right/left, hard right/hard left . So I said screw the Main and fix the car, zeroed out all trim & endpoints_re-centered the servo on the car_rebuilt the links to stock settings_reset stock camber_repositioned servo saver. Then adjusted the car to the radio but in the end, same damn problem So I've come to the conclusion that the all-impressive 949 is busted. I wonder if it has something to do with being a 6V servo instead of a 4.8V one Do I need a receiver pack on the car too? For right now though I just went out and bought a HiTec HS-225MG. Do you guys think the KO is busted?
JayBee

Before you start tearing into that servo, check your servo saver. Servo savers on 1/12th cars take a lot of abuse and they can develop small, almost unnoticeable cracks down the center of the horn which will manifest itself as the servo not centering.

Also, you did not mention if you have the servo bolted into the car or servo taped/shoegoo'd to the chassis. If it's the latter, then the servo tape/shoegoo can get old and allow the servo to move under load taking a new set after each corner.