R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HONG NOR X1CR Vs KYOSHO 777 SP2
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 04:30 PM
supralative
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I started with an OFNA Hyper7 PBS, then a Hyper7 C-Hub, to a Jammin X1 CR Pro, and finally to a Kyosho 777 SP1.
Hyper7 PBS didn’t turn well, so the C –Hub version solved that. I felt it was time to try a new buggy and liked the Hyper7 so gave the Jammin X1 CR Pro a shot. Heard good reviews about and was a good bang for the buck. The buggy turns great handles well and does about everything I want up to 90% of the time. The only thing I had issues with it was a single jump at the local track. No matter how I hit the jump with full on throttle, a pause and then full throttle…it didn’t matter…the nose would drop. I tried different pre-loads, shock oils, to no avail. The brakes were not dragging either to cause the front to drop.
My buddy got a Kyosho 777 so I gave it a spin on the local track…came to the jump with nothing different it sailed nice level and smooth. That to me was the selling point.
Kyosho shocks are by far better than the standard X1 CR Pro shocks. I feel if you put some Kyosho shocks on the X1 CR Pro it would be fine.
Build wise I like the split center diff of the Jammin better than the Kyosho. It makes fluid changes easier then undoing the top and bottom bolts. Buggies are easy to build; ease of maintenance is the main issue for me. I like the fact the Jammin comes with hex head screws and Kyosho still uses crappy Phillips screws. Both buggies are very same…look closely and you will see similarities. Kyosho uses pins that are secured by a set screw to hold the bottom of the shocks in…Jammin gives you that option to do that if you wish, but instead supply you with a bolt to do that…I like that way better.
Out of the box I think the Jammin is a better deal…but once you learn to drive whatever buggy you will become better…its more driver than equipment when you first start out(coming from road racing motorcycles)…then set up and all comes into play.

Last edited by supralative; 12-10-2005 at 05:17 PM.