R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why touring?
Thread: Why touring?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
gotyournumber
Tech Regular

Kat I feel your pain. Back years ago I was in a similar situation as you, not much money to spend for RC cars. I was getting beat by drivers of less skill but more money. I took some years off and concentrated on my career now years later I can afford to buy what ever I need. Touring cars will be around for some time, it’s a giant rolling monster were new cars, batteries , chargers ect will change every 6 months. There is now large amounts of money to be made from this hobby. You will never see pan cars again there is no money in it for manufactures and they would not allow it. If you want to keep racing get better ( lots of practice ) with your 12 scale go to a few big races place your car as high as you can in the mains and maybe some one will sponsor you. It's not always talent but how you present your self is what some manufactures are always looking for. I have been racing since 1978 I have seen it all come and go. You are correct about the price of a new touring cars this is why you see a bunch of 35 year plus olds playing with rc cars. I’m one of them lol.