R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why touring?
Thread: Why touring?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:27 PM
BlackKat
Tech Master

Default Why touring?

Why do we put up with racing the too-expensive, over engineered, ill-handling exuse of a race car? Why do we race touring?

The money situation is nuts. Everyone is buying better stuff every 2 months, better cars, parts, batteries and tires. It is now impossible to be competative on a low budget in my area because everyone decided to make racing more "elite" by not making it any more competative, just a hell of a lot more expensive.

Why can't we go back to pan cars. Its a dream! Parts don't break, cars handle the same day-in and day-out (while touring cars seem to suffer from "shelf demons" and never handle as good as they once did at one point in time) equipment is much cheaper and they handle much better.

Touring cars on the other hand I noticed don't have to feel "dialed" in order to be fast. What I'm trying to say is that in 12th scale generally if a car handles really well then it will be faster than a car that doesn't handle as well. In TC, some of the fastest cars I've ever driven handle like @$$! What kinda crap is that?

Why do you guys like touring car so much? I'm going to RACE 12th SCALE and HAVE FUN

Last edited by BlackKat; 12-09-2005 at 07:16 PM.