R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Budget electrics?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:22 PM
party_wagon
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Don't you mean novak? I would do one of two things. Pick up a brushless styem, novak makes a sport system that includes a 4300 kv. This should push you car around with more then enough desirable speed at an affordable cost. Now, batteries. I am going to assume you don't own a good charger that can charge nimh packs. You can find nicd packs at sites like towerhobbies.com that are very affordable, about 15-20 bucks for packs that will give you 7+ minutes of run time w/out much of any sort of drop off in power. However, I would spend a little more money on a charger. Get one that can charge nimh packs. Nicds don't like to be charged more then once in a day. You can find nimh packs with about 4 minutes more run time for the same price and can charge them about 2 hours after you run, as soon as they cool off. The nicds need to wait a day between charges. A charger for nicds will set you back only about 25 bucks max. A charger for nimh packs will be around 50 bucks. If you can not afford to drop the 175 or so for a brushless system then I would look into getting any esc that can handle a 17+ turn motor. Pretty much any stock motor or, the team orion v2 19 turn mod or a team checkpoint 19 turn mod motor will give you great power and last you a long time. I would also pick up a can of motor spray, it will help to keep the comm and brushes clean so that you get more life out of your engine. A high end stock motor or the v2 19 turn mod should get you 25+runs unmaintained at peak performance, however I would spray the comm and brushes every 5 or so runs.