R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 01:30 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by markg
Lonestar...Nice looking track pics...hows the redneck french guy holding up in sweden these days...got bored with skiing all day and decided to dust off the Axis..?? Once you get the bug again, you got to get a Mission....
Hey Mark, long time no speak! just to keep the records straight, I'm in Switzerland, not Sweden... not that it matters that much on this thread anyway Not bored with skiing yet, you can't get bored with skiing, especially after the resurrection allowed by hi-performance carvers... you should try it, it beats RC, believe me! Crusing down a slope at 40mph and carving high radius turn in fresh, packed snow, with a big grin on your face... that's something everyone should have tried once... Actually the season hasn't started yet, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Well, they opened that nice fancy track close to where I work, which is a first in the area... permanent tracks are very unusual here, you know, given the price of land... so I couldn't really not race there! I dusted off the Axis, and show the guys that their newer chassis don't have much on mine... if when I'm not the fastest, I can blame my old-school 2000's and my 5.0 cans héhé... I don't need to do it that much, actually.

I'll soon switch to a TC3 though, because of the ease of maintenance... the short diff lifespan on the Schmackers is absolutely unacceptable... and I redid my shocks yesterday nite too, it took me three or four tries each to bleed them right... and that saddle pack layout is a pain in the butt! I Won't purchase the Mission either, I want a car that that's hassle-free and really REALLY low maintenance...

In the meantime, say, you wouldn't have kept some badass setups for the Axis in your documents? Nobody seems to be able to help me here. I didn't even remember what oil was in my shock... I threw in some Serpent 35W w/ 25 holes pistons and some AE white springs on, we'll see how it works tonight...

Say hi to Daniel and Melissa and everyone in Austin!

Later
Paul