R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Longer TC Races...
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Twin-Kyle
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ddesros2
I find this a good open forum for the pros and cons of adding 1 minute to the lenght of TC races.

In my case, I'm for an additional minute. And why you might ask:

1. Extra track time, no one can argue this fact.
2. The technology can easily handle it, even when we were in the 2400 days.
3. Better races, a small bobble will make less of a difference during a run.
4. Encourage new racers. Lots of noob's don't get into it becuase they don't want to dive into the inital startup for 5 minute runs.

Now...Many of you will say..cost, eats equipment, longer race day...etc..
My arguments against that:

1. Cost: Most people say "motors heat up and get destroyed", sure they get hot and need a rebuild, that's all part of the fun of it. 3$ for brushes, come on, you waste that in ATM fees every day!.

Also...why aren't we running 5-pole motors? (I think we were in an ice age when our current 3-pole motors were invented). A 5-pole or 7 pole motor would last forever without a drop in performance.

Batteries, I'm still running my 3300's and can hold my own no problem at club races...nuff said.

2. Eats equipment: Our modern cars can take this. If you want to race AND win, you need to be on top of your stuff. I rebuild my cars after every race day to assure nothing goes wrong during the next race day. If you don't keep on top of your stuff AND keep losing all the time...I can't help y'a.

3. Extra time during race days: A couple extra minutes!! Just add the "we start if you like it or not" policy at your track and trust me, you will be done your race sooner!!

I give a big [X] in the spot for adding 1 min to TC races.

Have fun racing.
WELL put Dan...I second that [X ] for adding 1 min to TC races!!