R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SA_Racer
So I took the plunge and got a MI2 (My first belt car), I also got Tamiya shocks and lowered shock tower, Can anyone here provide me with some tips that could be valuable as well as a setup for stock on a medium bite asphalt track running foams.

Also does anyone using foams have problems setting droop when the wheels start getting small, from what I can see, it looks like the Suspension arm might end up pushing against the chassis, previnting me from setting droop, if so, is there a workaround?

Last, which parts break easiest and which upgrade parts do you recommend? I would like to keep some spares just in case

Thanks
SA_Racer
Foams on asphalt isn't a really common combo so I'm not sure if we're going to have a setup for that. I think there's a couple guys on here who do run that so they may be able to help you out with the setup. As far as the droop goes, if the arm is hitting the riser plate, not the chassis, you could use a dremel and remove some material from the plate to allow the arms full droop. I wouldn't take material away from either the arm or the chassis itself though. It could create a weak point. For spare parts, get the usual, front and rear arms, a couple sets of 4º caster blocks just in case, some hinge pins just in case you bend one. One thing I love about the durability of this car is that 9 times out of 10, if you break an arm, it doesn't completely fail. It will crack, but hold on to finish the race. It may handle a little funny after that but you won't be out of the race. Check the arms and such after any run you've had a collision for cracks.