R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Longer TC Races...
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Mason
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
OK here goes.

People are saying they want longer run times, and this should force top factory guys to run less motor. I am sorry to hurt your feelings, but that is a fallacy that is in your own world. All this will do at major races is force the non factory guys to spend more on motors and batteries because the factory pro will still run the same 6 turn without altering their gearing, their battery sponser will now reserve the best cells for them, and their motor tuner will have to work twice as hard. All you will be doing is extending the gap between those who get equipment for free and those who don't. Even say if they do run less motors, run a 12 turn instead of a 8 turn, they will do just like they did at the Japanese nationals and run 40+ degrees of timing. Hmm, from my experience this will create just as much wear as running a 7 turn with 10 degrees of timing. The wear issue of the motors is not a factor because it will not change for the factory guys, it will only affect the nonfactory guys who have to buy multiple motors for every LARGE EVENT just to keep up.
I covered this on page 3. If you don't come prepared - you didn't come to compete.