R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:57 PM
HarKonnenD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Post BIG DECISION

Indeed it is as I'm not sure to keep or sell the 8th. It's gonna to be quite an experience to drive and it is to race. Pretty much with that class there's no beginner class. It's learn how to be like the rest or go home. I figured if I get $700 for it ($650 for the price I'd give it to my friend), the collection for the R40 can begin as well as save some $$ towards the real car. Spare spur gears, pinions, and other things can be bought for the car. I won't buy the hara version because that's too damn expensive and surely isn't worth the price. With the MTX4 people are buying parts off ebay as some stock ones are a little flexy. My R40 will soon just get a LW chassis, new upper deck, and few other lighter parts. Other than that, a setupboard, maybe a tire truer, and some other things will be purchased. I'm also thinking of a new engine as well...whether or not I'd need that too. It's highly doubted as this Rody does put out some nice power and is quite reliable, but I may try an NSR or N12 engine. That or the JP FX12 03 (ace has em for $300). I'm about 60% on selling the 8th. Anyone else think I'm doing the right thing...or making a good move rather?